2009-05-04

Verses about Justice

Genesis 18:19 (Show me Genesis 18)
For I have chosen[1] him, that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice, so that the Lord may bring to Abraham what he has promised him.”
[1]Hebrew known

Exodus 22:16 (Show me Exodus 22)

Laws About Social Justice
“If a man seduces a virgin[1] who is not betrothed and lies with her, he shall give the bride-price[2] for her and make her his wife.
[1]Or a girl of marriageable age; also verse 17 [2]Or engagement present; also verse 17

Exodus 23:2 (Show me Exodus 23)
You shall not fall in with the many to do evil, nor shall you bear witness in a lawsuit, siding with the many, so as to pervert justice,

Exodus 23:6 (Show me Exodus 23)
“You shall not pervert the justice due to your poor in his lawsuit.

Leviticus 19:15 (Show me Leviticus 19)
“You shall do no injustice in court. You shall not be partial to the poor or defer to the great, but in righteousness shall you judge your neighbor.

Deuteronomy 10:18 (Show me Deuteronomy 10)
He executes justice for the fatherless and the widow, and loves the sojourner, giving him food and clothing.

Deuteronomy 16:18 (Show me Deuteronomy 16)

Justice
“You shall appoint judges and officers in all your towns that the Lord your God is giving you, according to your tribes, and they shall judge the people with righteous judgment.

Deuteronomy 16:19 (Show me Deuteronomy 16)
You shall not pervert justice. You shall not show partiality, and you shall not accept a bribe, for a bribe blinds the eyes of the wise and subverts the cause of the righteous.

Deuteronomy 16:20 (Show me Deuteronomy 16)
Justice, and only justice, you shall follow, that you may live and inherit the land that the Lord your God is giving you.

Deuteronomy 24:17 (Show me Deuteronomy 24)
“You shall not pervert the justice due to the sojourner or to the fatherless, or take a widow’s garment in pledge,

Deuteronomy 27:19 (Show me Deuteronomy 27)
“‘Cursed be anyone who perverts the justice due to the sojourner, the fatherless, and the widow.’ And all the people shall say, ‘Amen.’

Deuteronomy 32:4 (Show me Deuteronomy 32)
“The Rock, his work is perfect, for all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness and without iniquity, just and upright is he.

Deuteronomy 33:21 (Show me Deuteronomy 33)
He chose the best of the land for himself, for there a commander’s portion was reserved; and he came with the heads of the people, with Israel he executed the justice of the Lord, and his judgments for Israel.”

1 Samuel 8:3 (Show me 1 Samuel 8)
Yet his sons did not walk in his ways but turned aside after gain. They took bribes and perverted justice.

2 Samuel 8:15 (Show me 2 Samuel 8)

David’s Officials
So David reigned over all Israel. And David administered justice and equity to all his people.

2 Samuel 15:4 (Show me 2 Samuel 15)
Then Absalom would say, “Oh that I were judge in the land! Then every man with a dispute or cause might come to me, and I would give him justice.”

1 Kings 3:28 (Show me 1 Kings 3)
And all Israel heard of the judgment that the king had rendered, and they stood in awe of the king, because they perceived that the wisdom of God was in him to do justice.

1 Kings 10:9 (Show me 1 Kings 10)
Blessed be the Lord your God, who has delighted in you and set you on the throne of Israel! Because the Lord loved Israel forever, he has made you king, that you may execute justice and righteousness.”

1 Chronicles 18:14 (Show me 1 Chronicles 18)

David’s Administration
So David reigned over all Israel, and he administered justice and equity to all his people.

2 Chronicles 9:8 (Show me 2 Chronicles 9)
Blessed be the Lord your God, who has delighted in you and set you on his throne as king for the Lord your God! Because your God loved Israel and would establish them forever, he has made you king over them, that you may execute justice and righteousness.”

2 Chronicles 19:7 (Show me 2 Chronicles 19)
Now then, let the fear of the Lord be upon you. Be careful what you do, for there is no injustice with the Lord our God, or partiality or taking bribes.”

Job 5:16 (Show me Job 5)
So the poor have hope, and injustice shuts her mouth.

Job 6:29 (Show me Job 6)
Please turn; let no injustice be done. Turn now; my vindication is at stake.

Job 6:30 (Show me Job 6)
Is there any injustice on my tongue? Cannot my palate discern the cause of calamity?

Job 8:3 (Show me Job 8)
Does God pervert justice? Or does the Almighty pervert the right?

Job 9:19 (Show me Job 9)
If it is a contest of strength, behold, he is mighty! If it is a matter of justice, who can summon him?[1]
[1]Compare Septuagint; Hebrew me

Job 11:14 (Show me Job 11)
If iniquity is in your hand, put it far away, and let not injustice dwell in your tents.

Job 15:16 (Show me Job 15)
how much less one who is abominable and corrupt, a man who drinks injustice like water!

Job 19:7 (Show me Job 19)
Behold, I cry out, ‘Violence!’ but I am not answered; I call for help, but there is no justice.

Job 22:23 (Show me Job 22)
If you return to the Almighty you will be built up; if you remove injustice far from your tents,

Job 29:14 (Show me Job 29)
I put on righteousness, and it clothed me; my justice was like a robe and a turban.

Job 34:1 (Show me Job 34)

Elihu Asserts God’s Justice
Then Elihu answered and said:

Job 34:12 (Show me Job 34)
Of a truth, God will not do wickedly, and the Almighty will not pervert justice.

Job 34:17 (Show me Job 34)
Shall one who hates justice govern? Will you condemn him who is righteous and mighty,

Job 36:17 (Show me Job 36)
“But you are full of the judgment on the wicked; judgment and justice seize you.

Job 37:23 (Show me Job 37)
The Almighty-we cannot find him; he is great in power; justice and abundant righteousness he will not violate.

Psalm 9:7 (Show me Psalm 9)
But the Lord sits enthroned forever; he has established his throne for justice,

Psalm 10:18 (Show me Psalm 10)
to do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, so that man who is of the earth may strike terror no more.

Psalm 33:5 (Show me Psalm 33)
He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the Lord.

Psalm 37:6 (Show me Psalm 37)
He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday.

Psalm 37:28 (Show me Psalm 37)
For the Lord loves justice; he will not forsake his saints. They are preserved forever, but the children of the wicked shall be cut off.

Psalm 37:30 (Show me Psalm 37)
The mouth of the righteous utters wisdom, and his tongue speaks justice.

Psalm 64:6 (Show me Psalm 64)
They search out injustice, saying, “We have accomplished a diligent search.” For the inward mind and heart of a man are deep!

Psalm 72:1 (Show me Psalm 72)

Give the King Your Justice
Of Solomon. Give the king your justice, O God, and your righteousness to the royal son!

Psalm 72:2 (Show me Psalm 72)
May he judge your people with righteousness, and your poor with justice!

Psalm 82:3 (Show me Psalm 82)
Give justice to the weak and the fatherless; maintain the right of the afflicted and the destitute.

Psalm 89:14 (Show me Psalm 89)
Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne; steadfast love and faithfulness go before you.

Psalm 94:15 (Show me Psalm 94)
for justice will return to the righteous, and all the upright in heart will follow it.

Psalm 94:20 (Show me Psalm 94)
Can wicked rulers be allied with you, those who frame injustice by statute?

Psalm 97:2 (Show me Psalm 97)
Clouds and thick darkness are all around him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of his throne.

Psalm 99:4 (Show me Psalm 99)
The King in his might loves justice.[1] You have established equity; you have executed justice and righteousness in Jacob.
[1]Or The might of the King loves justice

Psalm 101:1 (Show me Psalm 101)

I Will Walk with Integrity
A Psalm of David. I will sing of steadfast love and justice; to you, O Lord, I will make music.

Psalm 103:6 (Show me Psalm 103)
The Lord works righteousness and justice for all who are oppressed.

Psalm 106:3 (Show me Psalm 106)
Blessed are they who observe justice, who do righteousness at all times!

Psalm 112:5 (Show me Psalm 112)
It is well with the man who deals generously and lends; who conducts his affairs with justice.

Psalm 119:149 (Show me Psalm 119)
Hear my voice according to your steadfast love; O Lord, according to your justice give me life.

Psalm 140:12 (Show me Psalm 140)
I know that the Lord will maintain the cause of the afflicted, and will execute justice for the needy.

Psalm 146:7 (Show me Psalm 146)
who executes justice for the oppressed, who gives food to the hungry. The Lord sets the prisoners free;

Proverbs 1:3 (Show me Proverbs 1)
to receive instruction in wise dealing, in righteousness, justice, and equity;

Proverbs 2:8 (Show me Proverbs 2)
guarding the paths of justice and watching over the way of his saints.

Proverbs 2:9 (Show me Proverbs 2)
Then you will understand righteousness and justice and equity, every good path;

Proverbs 8:20 (Show me Proverbs 8)
I walk in the way of righteousness, in the paths of justice,

Proverbs 13:23 (Show me Proverbs 13)
The fallow ground of the poor would yield much food, but it is swept away through injustice.

Proverbs 16:8 (Show me Proverbs 16)
Better is a little with righteousness than great revenues with injustice.

Proverbs 17:23 (Show me Proverbs 17)
The wicked accepts a bribe in secret[1] to pervert the ways of justice.
[1]Hebrew a bribe from the bosom

Proverbs 18:5 (Show me Proverbs 18)
It is not good to be partial to[1] the wicked or to deprive the righteous of justice.
[1]Hebrew to lift the face of

Proverbs 19:28 (Show me Proverbs 19)
A worthless witness mocks at justice, and the mouth of the wicked devours iniquity.

Proverbs 21:3 (Show me Proverbs 21)
To do righteousness and justice is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice.

Proverbs 21:15 (Show me Proverbs 21)
When justice is done, it is a joy to the righteous but terror to evildoers.

Proverbs 22:8 (Show me Proverbs 22)
Whoever sows injustice will reap calamity, and the rod of his fury will fail.

Proverbs 28:5 (Show me Proverbs 28)
Evil men do not understand justice, but those who seek the Lord understand it completely.

Proverbs 29:4 (Show me Proverbs 29)
By justice a king builds up the land, but he who exacts gifts[1] tears it down.
[1]Or who taxes heavily

Proverbs 29:26 (Show me Proverbs 29)
Many seek the face of a ruler, but it is from the Lord that a man gets justice.

Ecclesiastes 3:16 (Show me Ecclesiastes 3)

From Dust to Dust
Moreover, I saw under the sun that in the place of justice, even there was wickedness, and in the place of righteousness, even there was wickedness.

Ecclesiastes 5:8 (Show me Ecclesiastes 5)

The Vanity of Wealth and Honor
If you see in a province the oppression of the poor and the violation of justice and righteousness, do not be amazed at the matter, for the high official is watched by a higher, and there are yet higher ones over them.

Isaiah 1:17 (Show me Isaiah 1)
learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow’s cause.

Isaiah 1:21 (Show me Isaiah 1)

The Unfaithful City
How the faithful city has become a whore,[1] she who was full of justice! Righteousness lodged in her, but now murderers.
[1]Or become unchaste

Isaiah 1:23 (Show me Isaiah 1)
Your princes are rebels and companions of thieves. Everyone loves a bribe and runs after gifts. They do not bring justice to the fatherless, and the widow’s cause does not come to them.

Isaiah 1:27 (Show me Isaiah 1)
Zion shall be redeemed by justice, and those in her who repent, by righteousness.

Isaiah 5:7 (Show me Isaiah 5)
For the vineyard of the Lord of hosts is the house of Israel, and the men of Judah are his pleasant planting; and he looked for justice, but behold, bloodshed;[1] for righteousness, but behold, an outcry![2]
[1]The Hebrew words for justice and bloodshed sound alike [2]The Hebrew words for righteous and outcry sound alike

Isaiah 5:16 (Show me Isaiah 5)
But the Lord of hosts is exalted[1] in justice, and the Holy God shows himself holy in righteousness.
[1]Hebrew high

Isaiah 9:7 (Show me Isaiah 9)
Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end, on the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and forevermore. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will do this.

Isaiah 10:2 (Show me Isaiah 10)
to turn aside the needy from justice and to rob the poor of my people of their right, that widows may be their spoil, and that they may make the fatherless their prey!

Isaiah 16:3 (Show me Isaiah 16)
“Give counsel; grant justice; make your shade like night at the height of noon; shelter the outcasts; do not reveal the fugitive;

Isaiah 16:5 (Show me Isaiah 16)
then a throne will be established in steadfast love, and on it will sit in faithfulness in the tent of David one who judges and seeks justice and is swift to do righteousness.”

Isaiah 28:6 (Show me Isaiah 28)
and a spirit of justice to him who sits in judgment, and strength to those who turn back the battle at the gate.

Isaiah 28:17 (Show me Isaiah 28)
And I will make justice the line, and righteousness the plumb line; and hail will sweep away the refuge of lies, and waters will overwhelm the shelter.”

Isaiah 30:18 (Show me Isaiah 30)

The Lord Will Be Gracious
Therefore the Lord waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the Lord is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for him.

Isaiah 32:1 (Show me Isaiah 32)

A King Will Reign in Righteousness
Behold, a king will reign in righteousness, and princes will rule in justice.

Isaiah 32:16 (Show me Isaiah 32)
Then justice will dwell in the wilderness, and righteousness abide in the fruitful field.

Isaiah 33:5 (Show me Isaiah 33)
The Lord is exalted, for he dwells on high; he will fill Zion with justice and righteousness,

Isaiah 40:14 (Show me Isaiah 40)
Whom did he consult, and who made him understand? Who taught him the path of justice, and taught him knowledge, and showed him the way of understanding?

Isaiah 42:1 (Show me Isaiah 42)

The Lord’s Chosen Servant
Behold my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen, in whom my soul delights; I have put my Spirit upon him; he will bring forth justice to the nations.

Isaiah 42:3 (Show me Isaiah 42)
a bruised reed he will not break, and a faintly burning wick he will not quench; he will faithfully bring forth justice.

Isaiah 42:4 (Show me Isaiah 42)
He will not grow faint or be discouraged[1] till he has established justice in the earth; and the coastlands wait for his law.
[1]Or bruised

Isaiah 51:4 (Show me Isaiah 51)
“Give attention to me, my people, and give ear to me, my nation; for a law[1] will go out from me, and I will set my justice for a light to the peoples.
[1]Or for teaching; also verse 7

Isaiah 56:1 (Show me Isaiah 56)

Salvation for Foreigners
Thus says the Lord: “Keep justice, and do righteousness, for soon my salvation will come, and my deliverance be revealed.

Isaiah 59:8 (Show me Isaiah 59)
The way of peace they do not know, and there is no justice in their paths; they have made their roads crooked; no one who treads on them knows peace.

Isaiah 59:9 (Show me Isaiah 59)
Therefore justice is far from us, and righteousness does not overtake us; we hope for light, and behold, darkness, and for brightness, but we walk in gloom.

Isaiah 59:11 (Show me Isaiah 59)
We all growl like bears; we moan and moan like doves; we hope for justice, but there is none; for salvation, but it is far from us.

Isaiah 59:14 (Show me Isaiah 59)
Justice is turned back, and righteousness stands far away; for truth has stumbled in the public squares, and uprightness cannot enter.

Isaiah 59:15 (Show me Isaiah 59)
Truth is lacking, and he who departs from evil makes himself a prey.
Judgment and Redemption
The Lord saw it, and it displeased him[1] that there was no justice.
[1]Hebrew and it was evil in his eyes

Isaiah 61:8 (Show me Isaiah 61)
For I the Lord love justice; I hate robbery and wrong;[1] I will faithfully give them their recompense, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.
[1]Or robbery with a burnt offering

Jeremiah 4:2 (Show me Jeremiah 4)
and if you swear, ‘As the Lord lives,’ in truth, in justice, and in righteousness, then nations shall bless themselves in him, and in him shall they glory.”

Jeremiah 5:1 (Show me Jeremiah 5)

Jerusalem Refused to Repent
Run to and fro through the streets of Jerusalem, look and take note! Search her squares to see if you can find a man, one who does justice and seeks truth, that I may pardon her.

Jeremiah 5:4 (Show me Jeremiah 5)
Then I said, “These are only the poor; they have no sense; for they do not know the way of the Lord, the justice of their God.

Jeremiah 5:5 (Show me Jeremiah 5)
I will go to the great and will speak to them, for they know the way of the Lord, the justice of their God.” But they all alike had broken the yoke; they had burst the bonds.

Jeremiah 5:28 (Show me Jeremiah 5)
they have grown fat and sleek. They know no bounds in deeds of evil; they judge not with justice the cause of the fatherless, to make it prosper, and they do not defend the rights of the needy.

Jeremiah 7:5 (Show me Jeremiah 7)
“For if you truly amend your ways and your deeds, if you truly execute justice one with another,

Jeremiah 9:24 (Show me Jeremiah 9)
but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord.”

Jeremiah 10:24 (Show me Jeremiah 10)
Correct me, O Lord, but in justice; not in your anger, lest you bring me to nothing.

Jeremiah 17:11 (Show me Jeremiah 17)
Like the partridge that gathers a brood that she did not hatch, so is he who gets riches but not by justice; in the midst of his days they will leave him, and at his end he will be a fool.

Jeremiah 21:12 (Show me Jeremiah 21)
O house of David! Thus says the Lord: “‘Execute justice in the morning, and deliver from the hand of the oppressor him who has been robbed, lest my wrath go forth like fire, and burn with none to quench it, because of your evil deeds.’”

Jeremiah 22:3 (Show me Jeremiah 22)
Thus says the Lord: Do justice and righteousness, and deliver from the hand of the oppressor him who has been robbed. And do no wrong or violence to the resident alien, the fatherless, and the widow, nor shed innocent blood in this place.

Jeremiah 22:13 (Show me Jeremiah 22)
“Woe to him who builds his house by unrighteousness, and his upper rooms by injustice, who makes his neighbor serve him for nothing and does not give him his wages,

Jeremiah 22:15 (Show me Jeremiah 22)
Do you think you are a king because you compete in cedar? Did not your father eat and drink and do justice and righteousness? Then it was well with him.

Jeremiah 23:5 (Show me Jeremiah 23)
“Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will raise up for David a righteous Branch, and he shall reign as king and deal wisely, and shall execute justice and righteousness in the land.

Jeremiah 33:15 (Show me Jeremiah 33)
In those days and at that time I will cause a righteous Branch to spring up for David, and he shall execute justice and righteousness in the land.

Lamentations 3:35 (Show me Lamentations 3)
to deny a man justice in the presence of the Most High,

Ezekiel 3:20 (Show me Ezekiel 3)
Again, if a righteous person turns from his righteousness and commits injustice, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die. Because you have not warned him, he shall die for his sin, and his righteous deeds that he has done shall not be remembered, but his blood I will require at your hand.

Ezekiel 9:9 (Show me Ezekiel 9)
Then he said to me, “The guilt of the house of Israel and Judah is exceedingly great. The land is full of blood, and the city full of injustice. For they say, ‘The Lord has forsaken the land, and the Lord does not see.’

Ezekiel 18:8 (Show me Ezekiel 18)
does not lend at interest or take any profit,[1] withholds his hand from injustice, executes true justice between man and man,
[1]That is, profit that comes from charging interest to the poor; also verses 13, 17 (compare Leviticus 25:36)

Ezekiel 18:24 (Show me Ezekiel 18)
But when a righteous person turns away from his righteousness and does injustice and does the same abominations that the wicked person does, shall he live? None of the righteous deeds that he has done shall be remembered; for the treachery of which he is guilty and the sin he has committed, for them he shall die.

Ezekiel 18:26 (Show me Ezekiel 18)
When a righteous person turns away from his righteousness and does injustice, he shall die for it; for the injustice that he has done he shall die.

Ezekiel 22:29 (Show me Ezekiel 22)
The people of the land have practiced extortion and committed robbery. They have oppressed the poor and needy, and have extorted from the sojourner without justice.

Ezekiel 33:13 (Show me Ezekiel 33)
Though I say to the righteous that he shall surely live, yet if he trusts in his righteousness and does injustice, none of his righteous deeds shall be remembered, but in his injustice that he has done he shall die.

Ezekiel 33:15 (Show me Ezekiel 33)
if the wicked restores the pledge, gives back what he has taken by robbery, and walks in the statutes of life, not doing injustice, he shall surely live; he shall not die.

Ezekiel 33:18 (Show me Ezekiel 33)
When the righteous turns from his righteousness and does injustice, he shall die for it.

Ezekiel 34:16 (Show me Ezekiel 34)
I will seek the lost, and I will bring back the strayed, and I will bind up the injured, and I will strengthen the weak, and the fat and the strong I will destroy.[1] I will feed them in justice.
[1]Septuagint, Syriac, Vulgate I will watch over

Ezekiel 45:9 (Show me Ezekiel 45)
“Thus says the Lord God: Enough, O princes of Israel! Put away violence and oppression, and execute justice and righteousness. Cease your evictions of my people, declares the Lord God.

Daniel 3:2 (Show me Daniel 3)
Then King Nebuchadnezzar sent to gather the satraps, the prefects, and the governors, the counselors, the treasurers, the justices, the magistrates, and all the officials of the provinces to come to the dedication of the image that King Nebuchadnezzar had set up.

Daniel 3:3 (Show me Daniel 3)
Then the satraps, the prefects, and the governors, the counselors, the treasurers, the justices, the magistrates, and all the officials of the provinces gathered for the dedication of the image that King Nebuchadnezzar had set up. And they stood before the image that Nebuchadnezzar had set up.

Hosea 2:19 (Show me Hosea 2)
And I will betroth you to me forever. I will betroth you to me in righteousness and in justice, in steadfast love and in mercy.

Hosea 10:9 (Show me Hosea 10)
From the days of Gibeah, you have sinned, O Israel; there they have continued. Shall not the war against the unjust[1] overtake them in Gibeah?
[1]Hebrew the children of injustice

Hosea 10:13 (Show me Hosea 10)
You have plowed iniquity; you have reaped injustice; you have eaten the fruit of lies. Because you have trusted in your own way and in the multitude of your warriors,

Hosea 12:6 (Show me Hosea 12)
“So you, by the help of your God, return, hold fast to love and justice, and wait continually for your God.”

Amos 5:7 (Show me Amos 5)
O you who turn justice to wormwood[1] and cast down righteousness to the earth!
[1]Or to bitter fruit

Amos 5:15 (Show me Amos 5)
Hate evil, and love good, and establish justice in the gate; it may be that the Lord, the God of hosts, will be gracious to the remnant of Joseph.

Amos 5:18 (Show me Amos 5)

Let Justice Roll Down
Woe to you who desire the day of the Lord! Why would you have the day of the Lord? It is darkness, and not light,

Amos 5:24 (Show me Amos 5)
But let justice roll down like waters, and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream.

Amos 6:12 (Show me Amos 6)
Do horses run on rocks? Does one plow there[1] with oxen? But you have turned justice into poison and the fruit of righteousness into wormwood[2]-
[1]Or the sea [2]Or into bitter fruit

Micah 3:1 (Show me Micah 3)

Rulers and Prophets Denounced
And I said: Hear, you heads of Jacob and rulers of the house of Israel! Is it not for you to know justice?-

Micah 3:8 (Show me Micah 3)
But as for me, I am filled with power, with the Spirit of the Lord, and with justice and might, to declare to Jacob his transgression and to Israel his sin.

Micah 3:9 (Show me Micah 3)
Hear this, you heads of the house of Jacob and rulers of the house of Israel, who detest justice and make crooked all that is straight,

Micah 6:8 (Show me Micah 6)
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness,[1] and to walk humbly with your God?
[1]Or steadfast love

Habakkuk 1:4 (Show me Habakkuk 1)
So the law is paralyzed, and justice never goes forth. For the wicked surround the righteous; so justice goes forth perverted.

Habakkuk 1:7 (Show me Habakkuk 1)
They are dreaded and fearsome; their justice and dignity go forth from themselves.

Zephaniah 3:5 (Show me Zephaniah 3)
The Lord within her is righteous; he does no injustice; every morning he shows forth his justice; each dawn he does not fail; but the unjust knows no shame.

Zephaniah 3:13 (Show me Zephaniah 3)
those who are left in Israel; they shall do no injustice and speak no lies, nor shall there be found in their mouth a deceitful tongue. For they shall graze and lie down, and none shall make them afraid.”

Zechariah 7:1 (Show me Zechariah 7)

A Call for Justice and Mercy
In the fourth year of King Darius, the word of the Lord came to Zechariah on the fourth day of the ninth month, which is Chislev.

Malachi 2:17 (Show me Malachi 2)

The Messenger of the Lord
You have wearied the Lord with your words. But you say, “How have we wearied him?” By saying, “Everyone who does evil is good in the sight of the Lord, and he delights in them.” Or by asking, “Where is the God of justice?”

Matthew 12:18 (Show me Matthew 12)
“Behold, my servant whom I have chosen, my beloved with whom my soul is well pleased. I will put my Spirit upon him, and he will proclaim justice to the Gentiles.

Matthew 12:20 (Show me Matthew 12)
a bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not quench, until he brings justice to victory;

Matthew 23:23 (Show me Matthew 23)
“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cumin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others.

Luke 11:42 (Show me Luke 11)
“But woe to you Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue and every herb, and neglect justice and the love of God. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others.

Luke 18:3 (Show me Luke 18)
And there was a widow in that city who kept coming to him and saying, ‘Give me justice against my adversary.’

Luke 18:5 (Show me Luke 18)
yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will give her justice, so that she will not beat me down by her continual coming.’”

Luke 18:7 (Show me Luke 18)
And will not God give justice to his elect, who cry to him day and night? Will he delay long over them?

Luke 18:8 (Show me Luke 18)
I tell you, he will give justice to them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?”

Acts 8:33 (Show me Acts 8)
In his humiliation justice was denied him. Who can describe his generation? For his life is taken away from the earth.”

Acts 28:4 (Show me Acts 28)
When the native people saw the creature hanging from his hand, they said to one another, “No doubt this man is a murderer. Though he has escaped from the sea, Justice[1] has not allowed him to live.”
[1]Or justice

Romans 9:14 (Show me Romans 9)
What shall we say then? Is there injustice on God’s part? By no means!

Hebrews 11:33 (Show me Hebrews 11)
who through faith conquered kingdoms, enforced justice, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,

No comments:

Post a Comment