2009-05-04

Verses about Poverty

POVERTY

Genesis 45:11 (Show me Genesis 45)
There I will provide for you, for there are yet five years of famine to come, so that you and your household, and all that you have, do not come to poverty.’

Proverbs 6:11 (Show me Proverbs 6)
and poverty will come upon you like a robber, and want like an armed man.

Proverbs 10:4 (Show me Proverbs 10)
A slack hand causes poverty, but the hand of the diligent makes rich.

Proverbs 10:15 (Show me Proverbs 10)
A rich man’s wealth is his strong city; the poverty of the poor is their ruin.

Proverbs 13:18 (Show me Proverbs 13)
Poverty and disgrace come to him who ignores instruction, but whoever heeds reproof is honored.

Proverbs 14:23 (Show me Proverbs 14)
In all toil there is profit, but mere talk tends only to poverty.

Proverbs 20:13 (Show me Proverbs 20)
Love not sleep, lest you come to poverty; open your eyes, and you will have plenty of bread.

Proverbs 21:5 (Show me Proverbs 21)
The plans of the diligent lead surely to abundance, but everyone who is hasty comes only to poverty.

Proverbs 22:16 (Show me Proverbs 22)
Whoever oppresses the poor to increase his own wealth, or gives to the rich, will only come to poverty.

Proverbs 23:21 (Show me Proverbs 23)
for the drunkard and the glutton will come to poverty, and slumber will clothe them with rags.

Proverbs 24:34 (Show me Proverbs 24)
and poverty will come upon you like a robber, and want like an armed man.

Proverbs 28:19 (Show me Proverbs 28)
Whoever works his land will have plenty of bread, but he who follows worthless pursuits will have plenty of poverty.

Proverbs 28:22 (Show me Proverbs 28)
A stingy man[1] hastens after wealth and does not know that poverty will come upon him.
[1]Hebrew A man whose eye is evil

Proverbs 30:8 (Show me Proverbs 30)
Remove far from me falsehood and lying; give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with the food that is needful for me,

Proverbs 31:7 (Show me Proverbs 31)
let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more.

Mark 12:44 (Show me Mark 12)
For they all contributed out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty has put in everything she had, all she had to live on.”

Luke 21:4 (Show me Luke 21)
For they all contributed out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on.”

2 Corinthians 8:2 (Show me 2 Corinthians 8)
for in a severe test of affliction, their abundance of joy and their extreme poverty have overflowed in a wealth of generosity on their part.

2 Corinthians 8:9 (Show me 2 Corinthians 8)
For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you by his poverty might become rich.

Revelation 2:9 (Show me Revelation 2)
“‘I know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich) and the slander[1] of those who say that they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.
[1]Greek blasphemy

No comments:

Post a Comment