2009-05-04

Verses of Fairness

Deuteronomy 25:15 (Show me Deuteronomy 25)
A full and fair[1] weight you shall have, a full and fair measure you shall have, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.
[1]Or just, or righteous; twice in this verse

Job 26:13 (Show me Job 26)
By his wind the heavens were made fair; his hand pierced the fleeing serpent.

Hosea 10:11 (Show me Hosea 10)
Ephraim was a trained calf that loved to thresh, and I spared her fair neck; but I will put Ephraim to the yoke; Judah must plow; Jacob must harrow for himself.

Matthew 16:2 (Show me Matthew 16)
He answered them,[1] “When it is evening, you say, ‘It will be fair weather, for the sky is red.’
[1]Some manuscripts omit the following words to the end of verse 3

Acts 27:8 (Show me Acts 27)
Coasting along it with difficulty, we came to a place called Fair Havens, near which was the city of Lasea.

2 Corinthians 8:13 (Show me 2 Corinthians 8)
For I do not mean that others should be eased and you burdened, but that as a matter of fairness

2 Corinthians 8:14 (Show me 2 Corinthians 8)
your abundance at the present time should supply their need, so that their abundance may supply your need, that there may be fairness.

Colossians 4:1 (Show me Colossians 4)
Masters, treat your slaves[1] justly and fairly, knowing that you also have a Master in heaven.
[1]Or servants; Greek bondservants

No comments:

Post a Comment