2009-05-04

Verses on Corruption

Genesis 6:1 (Show me Genesis 6)

Increasing Corruption on Earth
When man began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them,

Genesis 6:11 (Show me Genesis 6)
Now the earth was corrupt in God’s sight, and the earth was filled with violence.

Genesis 6:12 (Show me Genesis 6)
And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt, for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth.

Exodus 32:7 (Show me Exodus 32)
And the Lord said to Moses, “Go down, for your people, whom you brought up out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves.

Deuteronomy 4:16 (Show me Deuteronomy 4)
beware lest you act corruptly by making a carved image for yourselves, in the form of any figure, the likeness of male or female,

Deuteronomy 4:25 (Show me Deuteronomy 4)
“When you father children and children’s children, and have grown old in the land, if you act corruptly by making a carved image in the form of anything, and by doing what is evil in the sight of the Lord your God, so as to provoke him to anger,

Deuteronomy 9:12 (Show me Deuteronomy 9)
Then the Lord said to me, ‘Arise, go down quickly from here, for your people whom you have brought from Egypt have acted corruptly. They have turned aside quickly out of the way that I commanded them; they have made themselves a metal image.’

Deuteronomy 31:29 (Show me Deuteronomy 31)
For I know that after my death you will surely act corruptly and turn aside from the way that I have commanded you. And in the days to come evil will befall you, because you will do what is evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger through the work of your hands.”

Deuteronomy 32:5 (Show me Deuteronomy 32)
They have dealt corruptly with him; they are no longer his children because they are blemished; they are a crooked and twisted generation.

Judges 2:19 (Show me Judges 2)
But whenever the judge died, they turned back and were more corrupt than their fathers, going after other gods, serving them and bowing down to them. They did not drop any of their practices or their stubborn ways.

2 Kings 23:13 (Show me 2 Kings 23)
And the king defiled the high places that were east of Jerusalem, to the south of the mount of corruption, which Solomon the king of Israel had built for Ashtoreth the abomination of the Sidonians, and for Chemosh the abomination of Moab, and for Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites.

2 Chronicles 27:2 (Show me 2 Chronicles 27)
And he did what was right in the eyes of the Lord according to all that his father Uzziah had done, except he did not enter the temple of the Lord. But the people still followed corrupt practices.

Nehemiah 1:7 (Show me Nehemiah 1)
We have acted very corruptly against you and have not kept the commandments, the statutes, and the rules that you commanded your servant Moses.

Job 15:16 (Show me Job 15)
how much less one who is abominable and corrupt, a man who drinks injustice like water!

Psalm 14:1 (Show me Psalm 14)

The Fool Says, There Is No God
To the choirmaster. Of David. The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none who does good.

Psalm 14:3 (Show me Psalm 14)
They have all turned aside; together they have become corrupt; there is none who does good, not even one.

Psalm 16:10 (Show me Psalm 16)
For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let your holy one see corruption.[1]
[1]Or see the pit

Psalm 30:9 (Show me Psalm 30)
“What profit is there in my death,[1] if I go down to the pit?[2] Will the dust praise you? Will it tell of your faithfulness?
[1]Hebrew in my blood [2]Or to corruption

Psalm 53:1 (Show me Psalm 53)

There Is None Who Does Good
To the choirmaster: according to Mahalath. A Maskil[1] of David. The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, doing abominable iniquity; there is none who does good.
[1]Probably musical or liturgical terms

Psalm 53:3 (Show me Psalm 53)
They have all fallen away; together they have become corrupt; there is none who does good, not even one.

Ecclesiastes 7:7 (Show me Ecclesiastes 7)
Surely oppression drives the wise into madness, and a bribe corrupts the heart.

Isaiah 1:4 (Show me Isaiah 1)
Ah, sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, offspring of evildoers, children who deal corruptly! They have forsaken the Lord, they have despised the Holy One of Israel, they are utterly estranged.

Isaiah 26:10 (Show me Isaiah 26)
If favor is shown to the wicked, he does not learn righteousness; in the land of uprightness he deals corruptly and does not see the majesty of the Lord.

Jeremiah 6:28 (Show me Jeremiah 6)
They are all stubbornly rebellious, going about with slanders; they are bronze and iron; all of them act corruptly.

Ezekiel 16:47 (Show me Ezekiel 16)
Not only did you walk in their ways and do according to their abominations; within a very little time you were more corrupt than they in all your ways.

Ezekiel 20:44 (Show me Ezekiel 20)
And you shall know that I am the Lord, when I deal with you for my name’s sake, not according to your evil ways, nor according to your corrupt deeds, O house of Israel, declares the Lord God.”

Ezekiel 23:11 (Show me Ezekiel 23)
“Her sister Oholibah saw this, and she became more corrupt than her sister[1] in her lust and in her whoring, which was worse than that of her sister.
[1]Hebrew than she

Ezekiel 28:17 (Show me Ezekiel 28)
Your heart was proud because of your beauty; you corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor. I cast you to the ground; I exposed you before kings, to feast their eyes on you.

Daniel 2:9 (Show me Daniel 2)
if you do not make the dream known to me, there is but one sentence for you. You have agreed to speak lying and corrupt words before me till the times change. Therefore tell me the dream, and I shall know that you can show me its interpretation.”

Hosea 9:9 (Show me Hosea 9)
They have deeply corrupted themselves as in the days of Gibeah: he will remember their iniquity; he will punish their sins.

Zephaniah 3:7 (Show me Zephaniah 3)
I said, ‘Surely you will fear me; you will accept correction. Then your[1] dwelling would not be cut off according to all that I have appointed against you.’[2] But all the more they were eager to make all their deeds corrupt.
[1]Hebrew her [2]Hebrew her

Malachi 2:8 (Show me Malachi 2)
But you have turned aside from the way. You have caused many to stumble by your instruction. You have corrupted the covenant of Levi, says the Lord of hosts,

Acts 2:27 (Show me Acts 2)
For you will not abandon my soul to Hades, or let your Holy One see corruption.

Acts 2:31 (Show me Acts 2)
he foresaw and spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, that he was not abandoned to Hades, nor did his flesh see corruption.

Acts 13:34 (Show me Acts 13)
And as for the fact that he raised him from the dead, no more to return to corruption, he has spoken in this way, “‘I will give you the holy and sure blessings of David.’

Acts 13:35 (Show me Acts 13)
Therefore he says also in another psalm, “‘You will not let your Holy One see corruption.’

Acts 13:36 (Show me Acts 13)
For David, after he had served the purpose of God in his own generation, fell asleep and was laid with his fathers and saw corruption,

Acts 13:37 (Show me Acts 13)
but he whom God raised up did not see corruption.

Romans 8:21 (Show me Romans 8)
that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God.

2 Corinthians 7:2 (Show me 2 Corinthians 7)

Paul’s Joy
Make room in your hearts[1] for us. We have wronged no one, we have corrupted no one, we have taken advantage of no one.
[1]Greek lacks in your hearts

Galatians 6:8 (Show me Galatians 6)
For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.

Ephesians 4:22 (Show me Ephesians 4)
to put off your old self,[1] which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires,
[1]Greek man; also verse 24

Ephesians 4:29 (Show me Ephesians 4)
Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

Ephesians 6:24 (Show me Ephesians 6)
Grace be with all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with love incorruptible.

2 Timothy 3:8 (Show me 2 Timothy 3)
Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so these men also oppose the truth, men corrupted in mind and disqualified regarding the faith.

2 Peter 1:4 (Show me 2 Peter 1)
by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.

2 Peter 2:19 (Show me 2 Peter 2)
They promise them freedom, but they themselves are slaves[1] of corruption. For whatever overcomes a person, to that he is enslaved.
[1]Greek bondservants

Revelation 19:2 (Show me Revelation 19)
for his judgments are true and just; for he has judged the great prostitute who corrupted the earth with her immorality, and has avenged on her the blood of his servants.”[1]
[1]Greek bondservants; also verse 5

No comments:

Post a Comment