2009-05-04

Verses on Riches

Genesis 13:2 (Show me Genesis 13)
Now Abram was very rich in livestock, in silver, and in gold.

Genesis 14:23 (Show me Genesis 14)
that I would not take a thread or a sandal strap or anything that is yours, lest you should say, ‘I have made Abram rich.’

Genesis 26:13 (Show me Genesis 26)
and the man became rich, and gained more and more until he became very wealthy.

Genesis 30:27 (Show me Genesis 30)
But Laban said to him, “If I have found favor in your sight, I have learned by divination that[1] the Lord has blessed me because of you.
[1]Or have become rich and

Genesis 49:20 (Show me Genesis 49)
“Asher’s food shall be rich, and he shall yield royal delicacies.

Exodus 30:15 (Show me Exodus 30)
The rich shall not give more, and the poor shall not give less, than the half shekel, when you give the Lord’s offering to make atonement for your lives.

Leviticus 11:16 (Show me Leviticus 11)
the ostrich, the nighthawk, the sea gull, the hawk of any kind,

Leviticus 25:47 (Show me Leviticus 25)

Redeeming a Poor Man
“If a stranger or sojourner with you becomes rich, and your brother beside him becomes poor and sells himself to the stranger or sojourner with you or to a member of the stranger’s clan,

Leviticus 25:49 (Show me Leviticus 25)
or his uncle or his cousin may redeem him, or a close relative from his clan may redeem him. Or if he grows rich he may redeem himself.

Numbers 13:20 (Show me Numbers 13)
and whether the land is rich or poor, and whether there are trees in it or not. Be of good courage and bring some of the fruit of the land.” Now the time was the season of the first ripe grapes.

Numbers 22:1 (Show me Numbers 22)

Balak Summons Balaam
Then the people of Israel set out and camped in the plains of Moab beyond the Jordan at Jericho.

Numbers 26:3 (Show me Numbers 26)
And Moses and Eleazar the priest spoke with them in the plains of Moab by the Jordan at Jericho, saying,

Numbers 26:63 (Show me Numbers 26)
These were those listed by Moses and Eleazar the priest, who listed the people of Israel in the plains of Moab by the Jordan at Jericho.

Numbers 31:12 (Show me Numbers 31)
Then they brought the captives and the plunder and the spoil to Moses, and to Eleazar the priest, and to the congregation of the people of Israel, at the camp on the plains of Moab by the Jordan at Jericho.

Numbers 33:48 (Show me Numbers 33)
And they set out from the mountains of Abarim and camped in the plains of Moab by the Jordan at Jericho;

Numbers 33:50 (Show me Numbers 33)

Drive Out the Inhabitants
And the Lord spoke to Moses in the plains of Moab by the Jordan at Jericho, saying,

Numbers 34:15 (Show me Numbers 34)
The two tribes and the half-tribe have received their inheritance beyond the Jordan east of Jericho, toward the sunrise.”

Numbers 35:1 (Show me Numbers 35)

Cities for the Levites
The Lord spoke to Moses in the plains of Moab by the Jordan at Jericho, saying,

Numbers 36:13 (Show me Numbers 36)
These are the commandments and the rules that the Lord commanded through Moses to the people of Israel in the plains of Moab by the Jordan at Jericho.

Deuteronomy 14:15 (Show me Deuteronomy 14)
the ostrich, the nighthawk, the sea gull, the hawk of any kind;

Deuteronomy 32:49 (Show me Deuteronomy 32)
“Go up this mountain of the Abarim, Mount Nebo, which is in the land of Moab, opposite Jericho, and view the land of Canaan, which I am giving to the people of Israel for a possession.

Deuteronomy 33:14 (Show me Deuteronomy 33)
with the choicest fruits of the sun and the rich yield of the months,

Deuteronomy 34:1 (Show me Deuteronomy 34)

The Death of Moses
Then Moses went up from the plains of Moab to Mount Nebo, to the top of Pisgah, which is opposite Jericho. And the Lord showed him all the land, Gilead as far as Dan,

Deuteronomy 34:3 (Show me Deuteronomy 34)
the Negeb, and the Plain, that is, the Valley of Jericho the city of palm trees, as far as Zoar.

Joshua 2:1 (Show me Joshua 2)

Rahab Hides the Spies
And Joshua the son of Nun sent[1] two men secretly from Shittim as spies, saying, “Go, view the land, especially Jericho.” And they went and came into the house of a prostitute whose name was Rahab and lodged there.
[1]Or had sent

Joshua 2:2 (Show me Joshua 2)
And it was told to the king of Jericho, “Behold, men of Israel have come here tonight to search out the land.”

Joshua 2:3 (Show me Joshua 2)
Then the king of Jericho sent to Rahab, saying, “Bring out the men who have come to you, who entered your house, for they have come to search out all the land.”

Joshua 3:16 (Show me Joshua 3)
the waters coming down from above stood and rose up in a heap very far away, at Adam, the city that is beside Zarethan, and those flowing down toward the Sea of the Arabah, the Salt Sea, were completely cut off. And the people passed over opposite Jericho.

Joshua 4:13 (Show me Joshua 4)
About 40,000 ready for war passed over before the Lord for battle, to the plains of Jericho.

Joshua 4:19 (Show me Joshua 4)
The people came up out of the Jordan on the tenth day of the first month, and they encamped at Gilgal on the east border of Jericho.

Joshua 5:10 (Show me Joshua 5)

First Passover in Canaan
While the people of Israel were encamped at Gilgal, they kept the Passover on the fourteenth day of the month in the evening on the plains of Jericho.

Joshua 5:13 (Show me Joshua 5)

The Commander of the Lord’s Army
When Joshua was by Jericho, he lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, a man was standing before him with his drawn sword in his hand. And Joshua went to him and said to him, “Are you for us, or for our adversaries?”

Joshua 6:1 (Show me Joshua 6)

The Fall of Jericho
Now Jericho was shut up inside and outside because of the people of Israel. None went out, and none came in.

Joshua 6:2 (Show me Joshua 6)
And the Lord said to Joshua, “See, I have given Jericho into your hand, with its king and mighty men of valor.

Joshua 6:25 (Show me Joshua 6)
But Rahab the prostitute and her father’s household and all who belonged to her, Joshua saved alive. And she has lived in Israel to this day, because she hid the messengers whom Joshua sent to spy out Jericho.

Joshua 6:26 (Show me Joshua 6)
Joshua laid an oath on them at that time, saying, “Cursed before the Lord be the man who rises up and rebuilds this city, Jericho. “At the cost of his firstborn shall he lay its foundation, and at the cost of his youngest son shall he set up its gates.”

Joshua 7:2 (Show me Joshua 7)
Joshua sent men from Jericho to Ai, which is near Beth-aven, east of Bethel, and said to them, “Go up and spy out the land.” And the men went up and spied out Ai.

Joshua 8:2 (Show me Joshua 8)
And you shall do to Ai and its king as you did to Jericho and its king. Only its spoil and its livestock you shall take as plunder for yourselves. Lay an ambush against the city, behind it.”

Joshua 9:3 (Show me Joshua 9)
But when the inhabitants of Gibeon heard what Joshua had done to Jericho and to Ai,

Joshua 10:1 (Show me Joshua 10)

The Sun Stands Still
As soon as Adoni-zedek, king of Jerusalem, heard how Joshua had captured Ai and had devoted it to destruction,[1] doing to Ai and its king as he had done to Jericho and its king, and how the inhabitants of Gibeon had made peace with Israel and were among them,
[1]That is, set apart (devoted) as an offering to the Lord (for destruction); also verses 28, 35, 37, 39, 40

Joshua 10:28 (Show me Joshua 10)
As for Makkedah, Joshua captured it on that day and struck it, and its king, with the edge of the sword. He devoted to destruction every person in it; he left none remaining. And he did to the king of Makkedah just as he had done to the king of Jericho.

Joshua 10:30 (Show me Joshua 10)
And the Lord gave it also and its king into the hand of Israel. And he struck it with the edge of the sword, and every person in it; he left none remaining in it. And he did to its king as he had done to the king of Jericho.

Joshua 12:9 (Show me Joshua 12)
the king of Jericho, one; the king of Ai, which is beside Bethel, one;

Joshua 13:32 (Show me Joshua 13)
These are the inheritances that Moses distributed in the plains of Moab, beyond the Jordan east of Jericho.

Joshua 16:1 (Show me Joshua 16)

The Allotment for Ephraim and Manasseh
The allotment of the people of Joseph went from the Jordan by Jericho, east of the waters of Jericho, into the wilderness, going up from Jericho into the hill country to Bethel.

Joshua 16:7 (Show me Joshua 16)
then it goes down from Janoah to Ataroth and to Naarah, and touches Jericho, ending at the Jordan.

Joshua 18:12 (Show me Joshua 18)
On the north side their boundary began at the Jordan. Then the boundary goes up to the shoulder north of Jericho, then up through the hill country westward, and it ends at the wilderness of Beth-aven.

Joshua 18:21 (Show me Joshua 18)
Now the cities of the tribe of the people of Benjamin according to their clans were Jericho, Beth-hoglah, Emek-keziz,

Joshua 20:8 (Show me Joshua 20)
And beyond the Jordan east of Jericho, they appointed Bezer in the wilderness on the tableland, from the tribe of Reuben, and Ramoth in Gilead, from the tribe of Gad, and Golan in Bashan, from the tribe of Manasseh.

Joshua 24:11 (Show me Joshua 24)
And you went over the Jordan and came to Jericho, and the leaders of Jericho fought against you, and also the Amorites, the Perizzites, the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Girgashites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites. And I gave them into your hand.

Judges 5:10 (Show me Judges 5)
“Tell of it, you who ride on white donkeys, you who sit on rich carpets[1] and you who walk by the way.
[1]The meaning of the Hebrew word is uncertain; it may connote saddle blankets

Ruth 3:10 (Show me Ruth 3)
And he said, “May you be blessed by the Lord, my daughter. You have made this last kindness greater than the first in that you have not gone after young men, whether poor or rich.

1 Samuel 2:7 (Show me 1 Samuel 2)
The Lord makes poor and makes rich; he brings low and he exalts.

1 Samuel 17:25 (Show me 1 Samuel 17)
And the men of Israel said, “Have you seen this man who has come up? Surely he has come up to defy Israel. And the king will enrich the man who kills him with great riches and will give him his daughter and make his father’s house free in Israel.”

1 Samuel 25:2 (Show me 1 Samuel 25)
And there was a man in Maon whose business was in Carmel. The man was very rich; he had three thousand sheep and a thousand goats. He was shearing his sheep in Carmel.

2 Samuel 10:5 (Show me 2 Samuel 10)
When it was told David, he sent to meet them, for the men were greatly ashamed. And the king said, “Remain at Jericho until your beards have grown and then return.”

2 Samuel 12:1 (Show me 2 Samuel 12)

Nathan Rebukes David
And the Lord sent Nathan to David. He came to him and said to him, “There were two men in a certain city, the one rich and the other poor.

2 Samuel 12:2 (Show me 2 Samuel 12)
The rich man had very many flocks and herds,

2 Samuel 12:4 (Show me 2 Samuel 12)
Now there came a traveler to the rich man, and he was unwilling to take one of his own flock or herd to prepare for the guest who had come to him, but he took the poor man’s lamb and prepared it for the man who had come to him.”

1 Kings 3:11 (Show me 1 Kings 3)
And God said to him, “Because you have asked this, and have not asked for yourself long life or riches or the life of your enemies, but have asked for yourself understanding to discern what is right,

1 Kings 3:13 (Show me 1 Kings 3)
I give you also what you have not asked, both riches and honor, so that no other king shall compare with you, all your days.

1 Kings 10:23 (Show me 1 Kings 10)
Thus King Solomon excelled all the kings of the earth in riches and in wisdom.

1 Kings 16:34 (Show me 1 Kings 16)
In his days Hiel of Bethel built Jericho. He laid its foundation at the cost of Abiram his firstborn, and set up its gates at the cost of his youngest son Segub, according to the word of the Lord, which he spoke by Joshua the son of Nun.

2 Kings 2:4 (Show me 2 Kings 2)
Elijah said to him, “Elisha, please stay here, for the Lord has sent me to Jericho.” But he said, “As the Lord lives, and as you yourself live, I will not leave you.” So they came to Jericho.

2 Kings 2:5 (Show me 2 Kings 2)
The sons of the prophets who were at Jericho drew near to Elisha and said to him, “Do you know that today the Lord will take away your master from over you?” And he answered, “Yes, I know it; keep quiet.”

2 Kings 2:15 (Show me 2 Kings 2)

Elisha Succeeds Elijah
Now when the sons of the prophets who were at Jericho saw him opposite them, they said, “The spirit of Elijah rests on Elisha.” And they came to meet him and bowed to the ground before him.

2 Kings 2:18 (Show me 2 Kings 2)
And they came back to him while he was staying at Jericho, and he said to them, “Did I not say to you, ‘Do not go’?”

2 Kings 25:5 (Show me 2 Kings 25)
But the army of the Chaldeans pursued the king and overtook him in the plains of Jericho, and all his army was scattered from him.

1 Chronicles 4:40 (Show me 1 Chronicles 4)
where they found rich, good pasture, and the land was very broad, quiet, and peaceful, for the former inhabitants there belonged to Ham.

1 Chronicles 6:78 (Show me 1 Chronicles 6)
and beyond the Jordan at Jericho, on the east side of the Jordan, out of the tribe of Reuben: Bezer in the wilderness with its pasturelands, Jahzah with its pasturelands,

1 Chronicles 19:5 (Show me 1 Chronicles 19)
and they departed. When David was told concerning the men, he sent messengers to meet them, for the men were greatly ashamed. And the king said, “Remain at Jericho until your beards have grown and then return.”

1 Chronicles 29:12 (Show me 1 Chronicles 29)
Both riches and honor come from you, and you rule over all. In your hand are power and might, and in your hand it is to make great and to give strength to all.

1 Chronicles 29:28 (Show me 1 Chronicles 29)
Then he died at a good age, full of days, riches, and honor. And Solomon his son reigned in his place.

2 Chronicles 1:12 (Show me 2 Chronicles 1)
wisdom and knowledge are granted to you. I will also give you riches, possessions, and honor, such as none of the kings had who were before you, and none after you shall have the like.”

2 Chronicles 9:22 (Show me 2 Chronicles 9)
Thus King Solomon excelled all the kings of the earth in riches and in wisdom.

2 Chronicles 17:5 (Show me 2 Chronicles 17)
Therefore the Lord established the kingdom in his hand. And all Judah brought tribute to Jehoshaphat, and he had great riches and honor.

2 Chronicles 18:1 (Show me 2 Chronicles 18)

Jehoshaphat Allies with Ahab
Now Jehoshaphat had great riches and honor, and he made a marriage alliance with Ahab.

2 Chronicles 28:15 (Show me 2 Chronicles 28)
And the men who have been mentioned by name rose and took the captives, and with the spoil they clothed all who were naked among them. They clothed them, gave them sandals, provided them with food and drink, and anointed them, and carrying all the feeble among them on donkeys, they brought them to their kinsfolk at Jericho, the city of palm trees. Then they returned to Samaria.

2 Chronicles 32:27 (Show me 2 Chronicles 32)
And Hezekiah had very great riches and honor, and he made for himself treasuries for silver, for gold, for precious stones, for spices, for shields, and for all kinds of costly vessels;

Ezra 2:34 (Show me Ezra 2)
The sons of Jericho, 345.

Nehemiah 3:2 (Show me Nehemiah 3)
And next to him the men of Jericho built. And next to them[1] Zaccur the son of Imri built.
[1]Hebrew him

Nehemiah 7:36 (Show me Nehemiah 7)
The sons of Jericho, 345.

Nehemiah 9:25 (Show me Nehemiah 9)
And they captured fortified cities and a rich land, and took possession of houses full of all good things, cisterns already hewn, vineyards, olive orchards and fruit trees in abundance. So they ate and were filled and became fat and delighted themselves in your great goodness.

Nehemiah 9:35 (Show me Nehemiah 9)
Even in their own kingdom, and amid your great goodness that you gave them, and in the large and rich land that you set before them, they did not serve you or turn from their wicked works.

Nehemiah 9:37 (Show me Nehemiah 9)
And its rich yield goes to the kings whom you have set over us because of our sins. They rule over our bodies and over our livestock as they please, and we are in great distress.

Esther 1:4 (Show me Esther 1)
while he showed the riches of his royal glory and the splendor and pomp of his greatness for many days, 180 days.

Esther 5:11 (Show me Esther 5)
And Haman recounted to them the splendor of his riches, the number of his sons, all the promotions with which the king had honored him, and how he had advanced him above the officials and the servants of the king.

Job 15:29 (Show me Job 15)
he will not be rich, and his wealth will not endure, nor will his possessions spread over the earth;[1]
[1]Or nor will his produce bend down to the earth

Job 20:15 (Show me Job 20)
He swallows down riches and vomits them up again; God casts them out of his belly.

Job 27:19 (Show me Job 27)
He goes to bed rich, but will do so no more; he opens his eyes, and his wealth is gone.

Job 30:29 (Show me Job 30)
I am a brother of jackals and a companion of ostriches.

Job 34:19 (Show me Job 34)
who shows no partiality to princes, nor regards the rich more than the poor, for they are all the work of his hands?

Job 39:13 (Show me Job 39)
“The wings of the ostrich wave proudly, but are they the pinions and plumage of love?[1]
[1]The meaning of the Hebrew is uncertain

Psalm 21:3 (Show me Psalm 21)
For you meet him with rich blessings; you set a crown of fine gold upon his head.

Psalm 45:12 (Show me Psalm 45)
The people[1] of Tyre will seek your favor with gifts, the richest of the people.[2]
[1]Hebrew daughter [2]Or The daughter of Tyre is here with gifts, the richest of people seek your favor

Psalm 49:2 (Show me Psalm 49)
both low and high, rich and poor together!

Psalm 49:6 (Show me Psalm 49)
those who trust in their wealth and boast of the abundance of their riches?

Psalm 49:16 (Show me Psalm 49)
Be not afraid when a man becomes rich, when the glory of his house increases.

Psalm 52:7 (Show me Psalm 52)
“See the man who would not make God his refuge, but trusted in the abundance of his riches and sought refuge in his own destruction!”[1]
[1]Or in his work of destruction

Psalm 62:10 (Show me Psalm 62)
Put no trust in extortion; set no vain hopes on robbery; if riches increase, set not your heart on them.

Psalm 63:5 (Show me Psalm 63)
My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food, and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips,

Psalm 65:9 (Show me Psalm 65)
You visit the earth and water it;[1] you greatly enrich it; the river of God is full of water; you provide their grain, for so you have prepared it.
[1]Or and make it overflow

Psalm 73:12 (Show me Psalm 73)
Behold, these are the wicked; always at ease, they increase in riches.

Psalm 112:3 (Show me Psalm 112)
Wealth and riches are in his house, and his righteousness endures forever.

Psalm 119:14 (Show me Psalm 119)
In the way of your testimonies I delight as much as in all riches.

Proverbs 3:16 (Show me Proverbs 3)
Long life is in her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor.

Proverbs 8:18 (Show me Proverbs 8)
Riches and honor are with me, enduring wealth and righteousness.

Proverbs 10:4 (Show me Proverbs 10)
A slack hand causes poverty, but the hand of the diligent makes rich.

Proverbs 10:15 (Show me Proverbs 10)
A rich man’s wealth is his strong city; the poverty of the poor is their ruin.

Proverbs 10:22 (Show me Proverbs 10)
The blessing of the Lord makes rich, and he adds no sorrow with it.[1]
[1]Or and toil adds nothing to it

Proverbs 11:4 (Show me Proverbs 11)
Riches do not profit in the day of wrath, but righteousness delivers from death.

Proverbs 11:16 (Show me Proverbs 11)
A gracious woman gets honor, and violent men get riches.

Proverbs 11:24 (Show me Proverbs 11)
One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want.

Proverbs 11:25 (Show me Proverbs 11)
Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered.

Proverbs 11:28 (Show me Proverbs 11)
Whoever trusts in his riches will fall, but the righteous will flourish like a green leaf.

Proverbs 13:4 (Show me Proverbs 13)
The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied.

Proverbs 13:7 (Show me Proverbs 13)
One pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth.

Proverbs 14:20 (Show me Proverbs 14)
The poor is disliked even by his neighbor, but the rich has many friends.

Proverbs 18:11 (Show me Proverbs 18)
A rich man’s wealth is his strong city, and like a high wall in his imagination.

Proverbs 18:23 (Show me Proverbs 18)
The poor use entreaties, but the rich answer roughly.

Proverbs 21:17 (Show me Proverbs 21)
Whoever loves pleasure will be a poor man; he who loves wine and oil will not be rich.

Proverbs 22:1 (Show me Proverbs 22)
A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches, and favor is better than silver or gold.

Proverbs 22:2 (Show me Proverbs 22)
The rich and the poor meet together; the Lord is the maker of them all.

Proverbs 22:4 (Show me Proverbs 22)
The reward for humility and fear of the Lord is riches and honor and life.[1]
[1]Or The reward for humility is the fear of the Lord, riches and honor and life

Proverbs 22:7 (Show me Proverbs 22)
The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower is the slave of the lender.

Proverbs 22:16 (Show me Proverbs 22)
Whoever oppresses the poor to increase his own wealth, or gives to the rich, will only come to poverty.

Proverbs 24:4 (Show me Proverbs 24)
by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.

Proverbs 27:24 (Show me Proverbs 27)
for riches do not last forever; and does a crown endure to all generations?

Proverbs 28:6 (Show me Proverbs 28)
Better is a poor man who walks in his integrity than a rich man who is crooked in his ways.

Proverbs 28:11 (Show me Proverbs 28)
A rich man is wise in his own eyes, but a poor man who has understanding will find him out.

Proverbs 28:20 (Show me Proverbs 28)
A faithful man will abound with blessings, but whoever hastens to be rich will not go unpunished.

Proverbs 28:25 (Show me Proverbs 28)
A greedy man stirs up strife, but the one who trusts in the Lord will be enriched.

Proverbs 30:8 (Show me Proverbs 30)
Remove far from me falsehood and lying; give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with the food that is needful for me,

Ecclesiastes 4:8 (Show me Ecclesiastes 4)
one person who has no other, either son or brother, yet there is no end to all his toil, and his eyes are never satisfied with riches, so that he never asks, “For whom am I toiling and depriving myself of pleasure?” This also is vanity and an unhappy business.

Ecclesiastes 5:12 (Show me Ecclesiastes 5)
Sweet is the sleep of a laborer, whether he eats little or much, but the full stomach of the rich will not let him sleep.

Ecclesiastes 5:13 (Show me Ecclesiastes 5)
There is a grievous evil that I have seen under the sun: riches were kept by their owner to his hurt,

Ecclesiastes 5:14 (Show me Ecclesiastes 5)
and those riches were lost in a bad venture. And he is father of a son, but he has nothing in his hand.

Ecclesiastes 9:11 (Show me Ecclesiastes 9)

Wisdom Better than Folly
Again I saw that under the sun the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, nor bread to the wise, nor riches to the intelligent, nor favor to those with knowledge, but time and chance happen to them all.

Ecclesiastes 10:6 (Show me Ecclesiastes 10)
folly is set in many high places, and the rich sit in a low place.

Ecclesiastes 10:20 (Show me Ecclesiastes 10)
Even in your thoughts, do not curse the king, nor in your bedroom curse the rich, for a bird of the air will carry your voice, or some winged creature tell the matter.

Isaiah 3:24 (Show me Isaiah 3)
Instead of perfume there will be rottenness; and instead of a belt, a rope; and instead of well-set hair, baldness; and instead of a rich robe, a skirt of sackcloth; and branding instead of beauty.

Isaiah 5:17 (Show me Isaiah 5)
Then shall the lambs graze as in their pasture, and nomads shall eat among the ruins of the rich.

Isaiah 13:21 (Show me Isaiah 13)
But wild animals will lie down there, and their houses will be full of howling creatures; there ostriches[1] will dwell, and there wild goats will dance.
[1]Or owls

Isaiah 25:6 (Show me Isaiah 25)
On this mountain the Lord of hosts will make for all peoples a feast of rich food, a feast of well-aged wine, of rich food full of marrow, of aged wine well refined.

Isaiah 28:1 (Show me Isaiah 28)

Judgment on Ephraim and Jerusalem
Ah, the proud crown of the drunkards of Ephraim, and the fading flower of its glorious beauty, which is on the head of the rich valley of those overcome with wine!

Isaiah 28:4 (Show me Isaiah 28)
and the fading flower of its glorious beauty, which is on the head of the rich valley, will be like a first-ripe fig before the summer: when someone sees it, he swallows it as soon as it is in his hand.

Isaiah 30:6 (Show me Isaiah 30)
An oracle on the beasts of the Negeb. Through a land of trouble and anguish, from where come the lioness and the lion, the adder and the flying fiery serpent, they carry their riches on the backs of donkeys, and their treasures on the humps of camels, to a people that cannot profit them.

Isaiah 30:23 (Show me Isaiah 30)
And he will give rain for the seed with which you sow the ground, and bread, the produce of the ground, which will be rich and plenteous. In that day your livestock will graze in large pastures,

Isaiah 34:13 (Show me Isaiah 34)
Thorns shall grow over its strongholds, nettles and thistles in its fortresses. It shall be the haunt of jackals, an abode for ostriches.[1]
[1]Or owls

Isaiah 43:20 (Show me Isaiah 43)
The wild beasts will honor me, the jackals and the ostriches, for I give water in the wilderness, rivers in the desert, to give drink to my chosen people,

And they made his grave with the wicked and with a rich man in his death, although he had done no violence, and there was no deceit in his mouth.

Isaiah 55:2 (Show me Isaiah 55)
Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread, and your labor for that which does not satisfy? Listen diligently to me, and eat what is good, and delight yourselves in rich food.

Jeremiah 5:27 (Show me Jeremiah 5)
Like a cage full of birds, their houses are full of deceit; therefore they have become great and rich;

Jeremiah 9:23 (Show me Jeremiah 9)
Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches,

Jeremiah 17:11 (Show me Jeremiah 17)
Like the partridge that gathers a brood that she did not hatch, so is he who gets riches but not by justice; in the midst of his days they will leave him, and at his end he will be a fool.

Jeremiah 39:5 (Show me Jeremiah 39)
But the army of the Chaldeans pursued them and overtook Zedekiah in the plains of Jericho. And when they had taken him, they brought him up to Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, at Riblah, in the land of Hamath; and he passed sentence on him.

Jeremiah 48:36 (Show me Jeremiah 48)
Therefore my heart moans for Moab like a flute, and my heart moans like a flute for the men of Kir-hareseth. Therefore the riches they gained have perished.

Jeremiah 50:39 (Show me Jeremiah 50)
“Therefore wild beasts shall dwell with hyenas in Babylon, and ostriches shall dwell in her. She shall never again have people, nor be inhabited for all generations.

Jeremiah 51:13 (Show me Jeremiah 51)
O you who dwell by many waters, rich in treasures, your end has come; the thread of your life is cut.

Jeremiah 52:8 (Show me Jeremiah 52)
But the army of the Chaldeans pursued the king and overtook Zedekiah in the plains of Jericho. And all his army was scattered from him.

Lamentations 4:3 (Show me Lamentations 4)
Even jackals offer the breast; they nurse their young, but the daughter of my people has become cruel, like the ostriches in the wilderness.

Ezekiel 16:10 (Show me Ezekiel 16)
I clothed you also with embroidered cloth and shod you with fine leather. I wrapped you in fine linen and covered you with silk.[1]
[1]Or with rich fabric

Ezekiel 17:3 (Show me Ezekiel 17)
say, Thus says the Lord God: A great eagle with great wings and long pinions, rich in plumage of many colors, came to Lebanon and took the top of the cedar.

Ezekiel 26:12 (Show me Ezekiel 26)
They will plunder your riches and loot your merchandise. They will break down your walls and destroy your pleasant houses. Your stones and timber and soil they will cast into the midst of the waters.

Ezekiel 27:27 (Show me Ezekiel 27)
Your riches, your wares, your merchandise, your mariners and your pilots, your caulkers, your dealers in merchandise, and all your men of war who are in you, with all your crew that is in your midst, sink into the heart of the seas on the day of your fall.

Ezekiel 27:33 (Show me Ezekiel 27)
When your wares came from the seas, you satisfied many peoples; with your abundant wealth and merchandise you enriched the kings of the earth.

Ezekiel 34:14 (Show me Ezekiel 34)
I will feed them with good pasture, and on the mountain heights of Israel shall be their grazing land. There they shall lie down in good grazing land, and on rich pasture they shall feed on the mountains of Israel.

Daniel 11:2 (Show me Daniel 11)
“And now I will show you the truth. Behold, three more kings shall arise in Persia, and a fourth shall be far richer than all of them. And when he has become strong through his riches, he shall stir up all against the kingdom of Greece.

Daniel 11:24 (Show me Daniel 11)
Without warning he shall come into the richest parts[1] of the province, and he shall do what neither his fathers nor his fathers’ fathers have done, scattering among them plunder, spoil, and goods. He shall devise plans against strongholds, but only for a time.
[1]Or among the richest men

Hosea 12:8 (Show me Hosea 12)
Ephraim has said, “Ah, but I am rich; I have found wealth for myself; in all my labors they cannot find in me iniquity or sin.”

Joel 3:5 (Show me Joel 3)
For you have taken my silver and my gold, and have carried my rich treasures into your temples.[1]
[1]Or palaces

Micah 1:8 (Show me Micah 1)
For this I will lament and wail; I will go stripped and naked; I will make lamentation like the jackals, and mourning like the ostriches.

Micah 2:8 (Show me Micah 2)
But lately my people have risen up as an enemy; you strip the rich robe from those who pass by trustingly with no thought of war.[1]
[1]Or returning from war

Micah 6:12 (Show me Micah 6)
Your[1] rich men are full of violence; your inhabitants speak lies, and their tongue is deceitful in their mouth.
[1]Hebrew whose

Habakkuk 1:16 (Show me Habakkuk 1)
Therefore he sacrifices to his net and makes offerings to his dragnet; for by them he lives in luxury,[1] and his food is rich.
[1]Hebrew his portion is fat

Zechariah 11:5 (Show me Zechariah 11)
Those who buy them slaughter them and go unpunished, and those who sell them say, ‘Blessed be the Lord, I have become rich,’ and their own shepherds have no pity on them.

Matthew 13:22 (Show me Matthew 13)
As for what was sown among thorns, this is the one who hears the word, but the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and it proves unfruitful.

Matthew 19:16 (Show me Matthew 19)

The Rich Young Man
And behold, a man came up to him, saying, “Teacher, what good deed must I do to have eternal life?”

Matthew 19:23 (Show me Matthew 19)
And Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly, I say to you, only with difficulty will a rich person enter the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 19:24 (Show me Matthew 19)
Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.”

Matthew 20:29 (Show me Matthew 20)

Jesus Heals Two Blind Men
And as they went out of Jericho, a great crowd followed him.

Matthew 27:57 (Show me Matthew 27)

Jesus Is Buried
When it was evening, there came a rich man from Arimathea, named Joseph, who also was a disciple of Jesus.

Mark 4:19 (Show me Mark 4)
but the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of riches and the desires for other things enter in and choke the word, and it proves unfruitful.

Mark 10:17 (Show me Mark 10)

The Rich Young Man
And as he was setting out on his journey, a man ran up and knelt before him and asked him, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

Mark 10:24 (Show me Mark 10)
And the disciples were amazed at his words. But Jesus said to them again, “Children, how difficult it is[1] to enter the kingdom of God!
[1]Some manuscripts add for those who trust in riches

Mark 10:25 (Show me Mark 10)
It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.”

Mark 10:46 (Show me Mark 10)

Jesus Heals Blind Bartimaeus
And they came to Jericho. And as he was leaving Jericho with his disciples and a great crowd, Bartimaeus, a blind beggar, the son of Timaeus, was sitting by the roadside.

Mark 12:41 (Show me Mark 12)

The Widow’s Offering
And he sat down opposite the treasury and watched the people putting money into the offering box. Many rich people put in large sums.

Luke 1:53 (Show me Luke 1)
he has filled the hungry with good things, and the rich he has sent away empty.

Luke 6:24 (Show me Luke 6)

Jesus Pronounces Woes
“But woe to you who are rich, for you have received your consolation.

Luke 8:14 (Show me Luke 8)
And as for what fell among the thorns, they are those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by the cares and riches and pleasures of life, and their fruit does not mature.

Luke 10:30 (Show me Luke 10)
Jesus replied, “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he fell among robbers, who stripped him and beat him and departed, leaving him half dead.

Luke 12:13 (Show me Luke 12)

The Parable of the Rich Fool
Someone in the crowd said to him, “Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me.”

Luke 12:16 (Show me Luke 12)
And he told them a parable, saying, “The land of a rich man produced plentifully,

Luke 12:21 (Show me Luke 12)
So is the one who lays up treasure for himself and is not rich toward God.”

Luke 14:12 (Show me Luke 14)

The Parable of the Great Banquet
He said also to the man who had invited him, “When you give a dinner or a banquet, do not invite your friends or your brothers[1] or your relatives or rich neighbors, lest they also invite you in return and you be repaid.
[1]Or your brothers and sisters. The plural Greek word adelphoi (translated “brothers”) refers to siblings in a family. In New Testament usage, depending on the context, adelphoi may refer either to brothers or to brothers and sisters

Luke 16:1 (Show me Luke 16)

The Parable of the Dishonest Manager
He also said to the disciples, “There was a rich man who had a manager, and charges were brought to him that this man was wasting his possessions.

Luke 16:11 (Show me Luke 16)
If then you have not been faithful in the unrighteous wealth, who will entrust to you the true riches?

Luke 16:19 (Show me Luke 16)

The Rich Man and Lazarus
“There was a rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and who feasted sumptuously every day.

Luke 16:21 (Show me Luke 16)
who desired to be fed with what fell from the rich man’s table. Moreover, even the dogs came and licked his sores.

Luke 16:22 (Show me Luke 16)
The poor man died and was carried by the angels to Abraham’s side.[1] The rich man also died and was buried,
[1]Greek bosom; also verse 23

Luke 18:18 (Show me Luke 18)

The Rich Ruler
And a ruler asked him, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

Luke 18:23 (Show me Luke 18)
But when he heard these things, he became very sad, for he was extremely rich.

Luke 18:25 (Show me Luke 18)
For it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.”

Luke 18:35 (Show me Luke 18)

Jesus Heals a Blind Beggar
As he drew near to Jericho, a blind man was sitting by the roadside begging.

Luke 19:1 (Show me Luke 19)

Jesus and Zacchaeus
He entered Jericho and was passing through.

Luke 19:2 (Show me Luke 19)
And there was a man named Zacchaeus. He was a chief tax collector and was rich.

Luke 21:1 (Show me Luke 21)

The Widow’s Offering
Jesus[1] looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the offering box,
[1]Greek He

Romans 2:4 (Show me Romans 2)
Or do you presume on the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that God’s kindness is meant to lead you to repentance?

Romans 9:23 (Show me Romans 9)
in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory-

Romans 10:12 (Show me Romans 10)
For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him.

Romans 11:12 (Show me Romans 11)
Now if their trespass means riches for the world, and if their failure means riches for the Gentiles, how much more will their full inclusion[1] mean!
[1]Greek their fullness

Romans 11:17 (Show me Romans 11)
But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, although a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing root[1] of the olive tree,
[1]Greek root of richness; some manuscripts richness

Romans 11:33 (Show me Romans 11)
Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!

1 Corinthians 1:5 (Show me 1 Corinthians 1)
that in every way you were enriched in him in all speech and all knowledge-

1 Corinthians 4:8 (Show me 1 Corinthians 4)
Already you have all you want! Already you have become rich! Without us you have become kings! And would that you did reign, so that we might share the rule with you!

2 Corinthians 6:10 (Show me 2 Corinthians 6)
as sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, yet possessing everything.

2 Corinthians 8:9 (Show me 2 Corinthians 8)
For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you by his poverty might become rich.

2 Corinthians 9:11 (Show me 2 Corinthians 9)
You will be enriched in every way to be generous in every way, which through us will produce thanksgiving to God.

Ephesians 1:7 (Show me Ephesians 1)
In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace,

Ephesians 1:18 (Show me Ephesians 1)
having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints,

Ephesians 2:4 (Show me Ephesians 2)
But[1] God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us,
[1]Or And

Ephesians 2:7 (Show me Ephesians 2)
so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 3:8 (Show me Ephesians 3)
To me, though I am the very least of all the saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ,

Ephesians 3:16 (Show me Ephesians 3)
that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being,

Philippians 4:19 (Show me Philippians 4)
And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

Colossians 1:27 (Show me Colossians 1)
To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Colossians 2:2 (Show me Colossians 2)
that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, to reach all the riches of full assurance of understanding and the knowledge of God’s mystery, which is Christ,

Colossians 3:16 (Show me Colossians 3)
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.

1 Timothy 6:9 (Show me 1 Timothy 6)
But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction.

1 Timothy 6:17 (Show me 1 Timothy 6)
As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy.

1 Timothy 6:18 (Show me 1 Timothy 6)
They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share,

Titus 3:6 (Show me Titus 3)
whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior,

Hebrews 11:30 (Show me Hebrews 11)
By faith the walls of Jericho fell down after they had been encircled for seven days.

James 1:10 (Show me James 1)
and the rich in his humiliation, because like a flower of the grass[1] he will pass away.
[1]Or a wild flower

James 1:11 (Show me James 1)
For the sun rises with its scorching heat and withers the grass; its flower falls, and its beauty perishes. So also will the rich man fade away in the midst of his pursuits.

James 2:5 (Show me James 2)
Listen, my beloved brothers, has not God chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom, which he has promised to those who love him?

James 2:6 (Show me James 2)
But you have dishonored the poor man. Are not the rich the ones who oppress you, and the ones who drag you into court?

James 5:1 (Show me James 5)

Warning to the Rich
Come now, you rich, weep and howl for the miseries that are coming upon you.

James 5:2 (Show me James 5)
Your riches have rotted and your garments are moth-eaten.

2 Peter 1:11 (Show me 2 Peter 1)
For in this way there will be richly provided for you an entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Revelation 2:9 (Show me Revelation 2)
“‘I know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich) and the slander[1] of those who say that they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.
[1]Greek blasphemy

Revelation 3:17 (Show me Revelation 3)
For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked.

Revelation 3:18 (Show me Revelation 3)
I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, so that you may be rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself and the shame of your nakedness may not be seen, and salve to anoint your eyes, so that you may see.

Revelation 6:15 (Show me Revelation 6)
Then the kings of the earth and the great ones and the generals and the rich and the powerful, and everyone, slave[1] and free, hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains,
[1]Or servant; Greek bondservant

Revelation 13:16 (Show me Revelation 13)
Also it causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave,[1] to be marked on the right hand or the forehead,
[1]Greek bondservant

Revelation 18:3 (Show me Revelation 18)
For all nations have drunk[1] the wine of the passion of her sexual immorality, and the kings of the earth have committed immorality with her, and the merchants of the earth have grown rich from the power of her luxurious living.”
[1]Some manuscripts fallen by

Revelation 18:19 (Show me Revelation 18)
And they threw dust on their heads as they wept and mourned, crying out, “Alas, alas, for the great city where all who had ships at sea grew rich by her wealth! For in a single hour she has been laid waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment